May 15, 2020
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
Automobile Laws in PA
Experienced Trial Attorneys will discuss:
• Review of the MVFRL and case law; update of first-party and third-party liability, limited tort and coverage issues, recovery of medical bills and the Fair Share Act.
• Subrogation and recovery of special damages, liens, ERISA and HMO plans, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, disability plans, governmental plans, e.g., VA, Medicare, Medical Assistance (DPW).
• How to enhance the value of your case, win at trial and not lose along the way; review of important case law in connection with “Hot Topics” raised on the Auto Listserv, including social media issues. Discussion of procedural rules, Rules of the Road, ride sharing and recent non-auto cases that every PI attorney should be aware of.
• Modern discovery tools in the Age of Technology – understanding and using these tools to enhance the value of your case and win at trial, including, demonstrative use in your case of video and audio services, court reporting and deposition services, and trial presentation services, i.e., digital discovery and trial techniques.
• Uninsured and Underinsured “Jam Session:” A Comprehensive Update of UM/UIM and Bad Faith Case Law, IFP v. Koken update. Experienced trial lawyers and Judges will guide you through the pre-trial strategy and trial of a “Koken” case.
Get the Judicial Perspective!
Respected and experienced Common Pleas Court Judges will discuss courtroom issues including important insights as to what works in the courtroom and what does not, jury selection in today's politicized era, and what jurors think about such topics as low impact collisions, pre-existing conditions, prior accident history, alleged independent medical exams, videotaped depositions, and the use of courtroom technology.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following titles and components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.